Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Happy Birthday Master

To my Master on his 22nd Birthday


22 years is a long time. It amazes me to be able to think that far back. To remember what I was like and how things used to be in the world. In August of 1992, I was just 13 and starting my first year of high school. I was getting ready to go to school with the big kids. Just a girl having sleep overs all summer. Playing with kids on the street. Pretending we were a music group and I was the lead singer.
Playing poker all night long with a best friend when she spent the night. Playing
 pranks on each other when she did.
Growing from a training bra to the real thing. Learning to flirt. Getting my first big crush when a high school senior. Me and my friends hanging out and listening to music. Hip hop and rap was big that year and grudge was starting to emerge with bands like Nirvana and Pearl Jam. 



Music by Sir Mix-a-Lot and Bel Biv Devoe were more popular in Cali. In fact any one around me, when I ask them do they remember 1992, they all remember Bel Biv Devoe was hot that year. So that was what was going on around me that August when you were born. The world is so different since you’ve been in it. And I’m so different since you’ve been in my world. Thank you for being in it.

With much love and appreciation -

Happy Birthday Master


- Pet xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment